Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories
Entertainment Entertainment
Other Topics Other Topics
Galleries Photo Gallery
Achives Archives Other Topics
Leaderboard Leaderboard Leaderboard
Help and Support Help & Support
Online Now
1 active members (Xeno), 219 anonymous users, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Head Mod, Mod
Statistics
Forum Directory49
Threads1,332
Posts9,680
Members327
Most Online498
Mar 30th, 2019
Newest Members
starseedtruth, Truthseeker94, Alien65, vincefield, Zoa
327 Registered Users
Member Spotlight
Xeno
Xeno
Alberta
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Music 189
Xeno 113
EdMan 63
Shark 28
Zoa 22
Diego 13
Top Posters(All Time)
Xeno 2,411
EdMan 1,313
frankie85 635
George 345
Music 298
Stormy 295
Spock 278
IronGhost 223
Diego 190
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Windows 10 sucks! #7824
03/05/2019 05:10 PM
03/05/2019 05:10 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

You agree?

Reply Quote
Advertisement
Re: Windows 10 sucks! [Re: Anonymous] #7826
03/05/2019 05:26 PM
03/05/2019 05:26 PM
Saskatchewan, Canada
Matt Offline

Administrator
Matt  Offline

Administrator
Lieutenant

Saskatchewan, Canada
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. I downgrade straight to Windows 7 Ultimate. I stayed with Windows XP Professional until it was no longer supported... The days of Win 7 are ending soon and apparently anyone who uses it will be billed for security updates.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Reply Quote
Re: Windows 10 sucks! [Re: Anonymous] #7830
03/05/2019 09:16 PM
03/05/2019 09:16 PM
Alberta
Xeno Online content

Just a guy
Xeno  Online Content

Just a guy
Vice Admiral

Alberta
I was bummed out realizing they removed Windows movie maker!

Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Windows 10 sucks! [Re: Anonymous] #7831
03/05/2019 10:36 PM
03/05/2019 10:36 PM
UK
G
George Offline
Lieutenant Commander
George  Offline
Lieutenant Commander
G

UK
They did a lot of bad things. Windows Live Mail is gone and Movie Maker is not 'up to scratch'.
I go back a long time as I remember DOS 7 and Windows 3.1
Those were the days!
They started off with 640K base memory before HiMem.

I was a computer engineer for around 20 years and had built a database of over 8,000 customers. Never needed to advertise and they sill call me out even today. I always got on well with all my customers as they would treat me as their friend. Started of building computers but gradually moved on to software because every Tom Dick and Harry were building them for about a $10 profit. With that sort of profit I could not provide customer care. Not everyone knew what I knew and this is where I made my living. I started early when the market was young. I was fully trained in C&G and held partial modules in my BSc including software, CAD, Languages and robotics.

Still do not know how I do it...lol

The old system is still there including a lot of Hi-Mem and sys 386.

Back then we had the old Q Basic?
Windows 10 is too complicated.
The biggest catastrophe was Windows ME. It ran slow and kept prompting you with every keystroke nearly! I think it ran parallel with Windows 2000?

The one I remember was IBM Warp. IBM tried to take over the market from Microsoft and failed. Warp was a better system but Windows had it's reputation and sold itself by name. At the end IBM conceded.

I recollect being called out to repair some of Bill Gate's henchmen's computers. They had earlier teamed up with Bill Gates whilst DOS 6 was around.

Bill Gates wanted to move on to Windows but they told him it would never 'take off' They strayed behind in England and Bill Gates moved to America to launch Windows.
The rest is history. It was an honour to repair associates of Bill Gates!

It was fun in those days because we had to know computer languages and know about 'Config.Sys' and 'Autoexe.Bat'

The old 'handshaking' 56K modems were fun.

I recollect being with 'Innots' as being my internet provider.
We were allowed I think about 200Kb of data on our sites by which I kept strictly to that limit and obeyed the rules. The site then began developing problems as I recollect that it was difficult to 'log on'. They had a quantitative graph showing activity which seemed to coincide with not being able to 'log on'

It was back then that I had my paranormal site and because of the number of 'hits' from America the bandwidth started collapsing. It meant that the owner of the Internet provider had to purchase more bandwidth space and was not too happy with me. I was ordered to remove my site and when I explained that I broke no rules, they collapsed it for me. My crime was because my site was popular. Repercussion also came from members who 'hated my guts' for slowing down the site.

Moving forward to Windows 10....they say that Linux is a better system...I disagree!
I am a bit out of touch now.....but I think Windows 10 is a true 64 bit system?

I STILL use Windows XP but IE will not work nor can you get drivers.

It was funny with Window 8 because there was a universal key that loaded every single copy of Windows 8 as you really did not need a key! (never used it)
The best advancement in computer technology is the SSD hard drives.....a MUST!

Regards

George

Last edited by George; 03/05/2019 11:24 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: Windows 10 sucks! [Re: George] #7833
03/05/2019 11:16 PM
03/05/2019 11:16 PM
Saskatchewan, Canada
Matt Offline

Administrator
Matt  Offline

Administrator
Lieutenant

Saskatchewan, Canada
Originally Posted by George

It was back then that I had my paranormal site and because of the number of 'hits' from America the bandwidth started collapsing. It meant that the owner of the Internet provider had to purchase more bandwidth space and was not too happy with me. I was ordered to remove my site and when I explained that I broke no rules, they collapsed it for me. My crime was because my site was popular. Repercussion also came from members who 'hated my guts' for slowing down the site.

George! You had a paranormal site?! That's awesome! Do tell more about it, is there any web archive snapshots of it? I like to look back in time with regards to older technologies and websites. It's always fun to explore those areas.

Moving forward to Windows 10....they say that Linux is a better system...I disagree!

SSD is a great technology, had it since it was first commercially released. My first experience was in this order: MS-DOS, Windows NT, 95, 98SE, XP... I was a lucky 90's kid!

Here are a few snapshots of Aliendisc's past:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070224144628/http://www.aliendisclosure.net/Home.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20070403191941/http://www.aliendisclosure.net/

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Reply Quote
Re: Windows 10 sucks! [Re: Matt] #7834
03/06/2019 12:41 AM
03/06/2019 12:41 AM
UK
G
George Offline
Lieutenant Commander
George  Offline
Lieutenant Commander
G

UK
Originally Posted by Matt
Originally Posted by George

George! You had a paranormal site?! That's awesome! Do tell more about it, is there any web archive snapshots of it? I like to look back in time with regards to older technologies and websites. It's always fun to explore those areas.

SSD is a great technology, had it since it was first commercially released. My first experience was in this order: MS-DOS, Windows NT, 95, 98SE, XP... I was a lucky 90's kid!

Here are a few snapshots of Aliendisc's past:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070224144628/http://www.aliendisclosure.net/Home.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20070403191941/http://www.aliendisclosure.net/

Hello Matt,

The old 'Innots' site I recollect was related to Nottingham. It was a local Internet provider which purchased bandwidth from a major company. I recollect that the site consisted of a large number of satellite dishes like radio telescopes aimed skyward towards a site named Daemon (I think-spelling?) The company faded away many years ago. I recollect that it cost 1 penny a minute to get in line. Initially it was free but some users used to keep their modem switched on all day which cost the cable company money. They were called 'Diamond Cable' later to be named 'NTL' and finally Virgin Media. I could be incorrect here...but I think Diamond Cable just provided the network of cables and were mainly involved with telephones and television. Only later to become an Internet provider.

It was strange in those days because every thought that a 'Mr Big' was the boss of the Internet. When something happened it was thought that 'Mr Big' -the man with no name was responsible...lol

My paranormal site was free based on being a member of 'Innots' by which I had to pay a subscription to them as well as Diamond Cable. The site was very small but very popular because the paranormal was taking off big! This was a new opening and there was hardly anyone who had a paranormal site. They were just unheard off!

The owner of Innotts was a Canadian named Cindy.

I just could not keep up with replies and I remember having close ties with this person named Daniel from Brazil. He was very educated and Brazil had a lot of UFO sightings. He later became a doctor in Ecology. He was one of these rucksack travellers and jokingly I invited him round for a coffee. He accepted and a few days later he was in London asking for my address. I felt a bit uneasy as I had never met him before, so I made an excuse that London was too far away.

He said that having travelled 6000 miles already that Nottingham was nothing. I invited him over thinking he would be having free digs for a week...lol Unfortunately I shared my mother's house and was unable to accommodate him so I put him up in a hotel for the night. He was great to talk to and it was very strange looking at his newly arrived email with him sitting next to me.

Unfortunately I have no pictures or data from Innotts . I moved to another IP named 'Proweb' but that closed down.

I was never able to capture the ambience of Innotts as everything became too big and challenging.
The thing what I remember Matt, was that computers were really data crunching machines. They were designed for programming and design work. Especially with compilers that could work with C++. Windows NT was the good old networking operating system. As you know....DOS got it;s name (Disk Operating System) because one floppy disk contained the operating system whilst the disk contained your work. I think we had a Drive 'A' and a Drive 'B' ?

Later came the hard drive. Door stops we used to call them usually about 20 Mb which could be compressed to 40Mb but would work slower. Compressing meant using the same digits repeatedly instead of creating more digits.

I will look at your pictures later on today..thanks for the info.

The thing what I remember being an engineer is all the interesting people that I had met. Politicians, doctors, professors, film stars, pop stars, police and some not so nice and even the famous Dr Armen Victorian the greatest Mind Controller I had ever met

If I find anything about 'Innotts' I will let you know

Regards

George

Last edited by George; 03/06/2019 12:49 AM.
Reply Quote
Re: Windows 10 sucks! [Re: Anonymous] #7840
03/06/2019 07:22 AM
03/06/2019 07:22 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

My file system crashes all the time. Know the bug when you go trough your files and then it closes all your folders?

Reply Quote
Re: Windows 10 sucks! [Re: Anonymous] #8551
04/02/2019 11:23 PM
04/02/2019 11:23 PM
USA
T
TC at the pc Offline
Recruit
TC at the pc  Offline
Recruit
T

USA
TI-99/4A, Commdore 64, Amiga, DOS... I could go on.

I miss the ol' DOS days and its 'archaic' commands (copy a:*.* b:).
Had a BBS in late 80s - before established Internet. Back when it was free, minus telephone bill.

I remember getting my first IBM PC XT with its 2 color CG display.

BUT, anyone remember getting that first hard drive - a whopping 20 MB - and wondering how am I ever going to fill it up?

Anyhoo, I had Windows 7 for a while, but then I left my computer on over night and it automatically updated to 10. Geesh!

[Linked Image]
Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderated by  Janwat 

Member Chat
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Latest Photos
2 of my most important Artefacts
Milton William "Bill" Cooper
Former CIA Pilot, John Lear
School Picture of Georgek
Stop Chemtrails!!
the message

Thanks for visiting the Aliendisc Forums
(v 2.2.4.5, Build 7.7.1) · Patch Notes

Your #1 UFO Forum, Paranormal Forum, and
Conspiracy Theory Forum Destination.

Security and Privacy Info

CAREERS | ABOUT | SUPPORT | PRESS

© 2019 ALIENDISC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All trademarks referenced herein are the properties of their respective owners.