Secrets of the universe uncovered - Aliendisc
Navigation
Homepage Home
Breaking News Breaking News
Aliens and UFOs Aliens and UFOs
The Paranormal The Paranormal
Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories
Entertainment Entertainment
Other Topics Other Topics
Galleries Photo Gallery
Achives Archives Other Topics
Leaderboard Leaderboard Leaderboard
Help and Support Help & Support
Online Now
0 active members (), 252 anonymous users, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Head Mod, Mod
Statistics
Forum Directory49
Threads1,264
Posts9,166
Members318
Most Online498
Mar 30th, 2019
Newest Members
Macgomes, DiscloseNow, passportforsale, LauraS, Music
318 Registered Users
Member Spotlight
Matt
Matt
Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 158
Joined: October 2017
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Xeno 221
Music 156
Shark 20
EdMan 10
Top Posters(All Time)
Xeno 2,357
EdMan 1,255
frankie85 597
George 345
Stormy 295
Spock 278
IronGhost 220
Diego 177
Matt 158
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Secrets of the universe uncovered #5305
10/18/2018 01:12 PM
10/18/2018 01:12 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant
Shark  Offline OP
Lieutenant
***

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Hello, I share my knowledge with you about the universe. I was able to make a theory that is testable like a formula in math. So it is only about facts here. I'm not going to waste your time with my personal beliefs or experiences. I use only logic here. My knowledge also reveals that we are not alone.
It is not beginner friendly. And believe me I tried my best. If you were good at school and became an engineer, you should understand it. Anyway the knowledge:

Why is there anything at all? Why not just nothing? Let's first define the exact opposite of nothingness! The exact opposite of nothingness is: 'everything existing' or 'all existing things'. Well, since I solved it, the answer lies within why nothingness can't be. Just imagine if there's nothing existing at all, how can the word nothingness mean anything? The word nothingness has no meaning if there's nothing existing at all. If there's nothing existing at all, the word nothingness can't exist either. If there isn't anything existing at all, there isn't anything that can support the fact that nothingness should be and not everything existing. There simply can't be nothing existing at all. We and everything around us exists without a beginning because nothingness can't be at all.

Well, how much is there of everything existing? You forgot one question: Is there an 'end' without a beginning? If you have a 30 cm long ruler. The beginning is at 0 cm's and the end at 30 cm's. Now remove the beginning, the ruler is no longer a ruler. It's only a piece of plastic now. Therefore there's no end without a beginning. And no beginning and no end doesn't only represent a no time beginning. It also represents that there's no limit of everything existing. Like: there are limitless different existing things (water, iron, rock, ∞ etc.), including limitless amount of each existing thing (limitless amount of water, limitless amount of iron, limitless amount of rock, ∞ etc.). You can shorten everything existing or all existing things and just call it: 'limitlessness'. Everything existing = all existing things = limitlessness. Limitlessness is not getting bigger or smaller. It's simply limitless. No beginning and no end.


Are we alone? There are limitless different species, beings, aliens, animals, insects, creatures, etc.

Are there other universes? I have no use for this word. I use limitlessness, everything existing and all existing things. With universe you can easily say another universe. However you cannot say another limitlessness/everything existing/all existing things, because as supposed to, it doesn't make sense! There's only one limitlessness/everything existing/all existing things. Even though you can't say "one" because it's limitless.

Other realities (different possibilities) then? Yes, like your dreams when you sleep. Best example for realities anyway.


Why do I dream when I sleep? Logically because you lose your consciousness here when you fall asleep. But without a beginning, there can't be an end either. Which means you can't cease to exist. If you're not here, you're elsewhere. The same example applies to death. Life can only change, however it can never end.

Is this real what I see and experience in my dreams? First, who said that dreams are dreams and that they are only dreams? And second, if we live in a limitless existence, how could they not be real? Dreams are only as real as here and now. This is because in a limitless existence there's no the centre/the centre of everything existing/all existing things/limitlessness. Just remember the example with the 30 cm ruler! A way to explain why there's no such thing as the realest place of everything existing/all existing things/limitlessness. You may think your dreams seem nonsense compared to this reality. But they think exactly the same way about our reality.


Is there a god? If everything existing can be there without a beginning, there's no need for a creator.


Time? Time without a beginning has no meaning. Time can only exist as a clock (watch). Your memories isn't the past either. It is only stored information that you can access. Like: you have not been to the x place, you've got only an image copy of the x place in your brain! Stored files on your computer is a good example. There's only the now. Everything existing is always in motion, you're a part of it. You're still in motion even if you don't do anything.


My past life (the opposite of the afterlife)? A life as a human being is only 1 of limitless other ways to exist. You don't think everywhere the same way (different realities, different beings/aliens). Because if you could remember your past life, short after you would ask yourself who you were before that life! You would have then an endless loop. This is why our memories are fading away over time. There's simply no origin to remember.

Afterlife? This knowledge only reveals that you can't cease to exist.


Well, tell me what you think of this! I also first shared it on youtube. My name there is: "Shark's Theoretical Science". However you will probably not find it by my username, but with my text.

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Shark] #5306
10/18/2018 01:26 PM
10/18/2018 01:26 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Really interesting theories! Ho! by the way welcome on Aliendisc!

I can't wait to hear more from you shark!


Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Xeno] #5308
10/18/2018 01:32 PM
10/18/2018 01:32 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant
Shark  Offline OP
Lieutenant
***

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Xeno
Really interesting theories! Ho! by the way welcome on Aliendisc!

I can't wait to hear more from you shark!


Thx! popcorn

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Shark] #5329
10/18/2018 08:49 PM
10/18/2018 08:49 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
*****

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
I like what you said shark, and k can sum it up very simply..

Nothing, is nothing... everything is infinity. The word "nothing" is a rational label which is indicative of our brains trying to compensate for the inability to process "nothing". We cannot easily grasp the concept of nothing, because we have always experienced something. If you get rid of the word, then there truly is nothing. The number zero also indicates nothing. The number zero was also a very strange concept to people for thousands of years.

Infinity on the other hand, is so vast that we cannot easily grasp that concept either. We can see a quantity, we can see the edge of the horizon but find it difficult to grasp something that never ends.

Your "ruler" analogy is a little bit wrong. If you have a 30cm ruler, and you have the end and the beginning, then you have a ruler, however if you start at zero and take away the markings, and start at nothing, you dont have a piece if plastic..... you have nothing... a ruler would be a 2 dimensional object. Looking at it from the 3rd dimension down, you can have an increment of depth on the flat plane. So technically if you started at the first line, you would have the first dimension.. a dot... but if you took that away you would have zero Dimensional.. or... infinite nothing...

I agree with your lack of a creator, but not for reasons you mentioned. Everywhere when science has found an answer, there has been no reason to give God the credit. God has always been a "well all of this is proven anything else, must be divine will" excuse. But people will argue otherwise I've gotten an earful for expressing antii-religious sentiments in this website before.

As for dreaming when you are asleep, I dont know that it has anything to do with nothingness. We dream while we are awake too. It's called a day dream. But our brains process it differently while sleeping. Dreaming is our way to help our brain solve problems. (Among other things). I am not saying you are wrong..... but... I am saying that I dont understand that paragraph.

Previous life.... it isn't any more unusual to be born twice as it is to be born once... (ray wiley Hubbard, conversation with the devil... awesome song).. with that said, I am fairly certain that I have had last lives. I'm also more than certain that I have met people in this life which I have met in previous lives. I also feel, with some amount of certainty that you can be reborn into multiple bodies at the same time.

Most people think of the term "soul mate" as a person who you get along with, fall in love with and spend the rest of your lives together. That is wrong. To me, a soulmates is someone who you travel with from life to life, have known for possibly several lives, may or may not marry, may or may not be best friends, may only meet them in a chance encounter one time. They may end up being your "guardian angel" or help you out of some really screwed up situation.. they may be at the right place at the right time.. or you may never meet them.

Its possible they could beb5 different people and you may meet all of them. Or meet 4 other versions of yourself... because... time and space are infinite. So why couldnt you travel in 4d as a soul and be born wherever and whenever. We are not stuck on this earth when we die.

Afterlife.... I like to think so, however I do not believe in heaven or hell... or God or satan or yahweh or mercury, thor, zeus, or kathulu or gleeborg or the snake goddess of mount whatever. Trying desperately not to get into a religious argument here, nor am I trying to offend anyone... just... my belief... personally I think one of a few things will happen. Either I have a soul, which will leave my body as energy and be allowed to travel through time and space, possibly to be re-born into another body somewhere in time and space,

Or, my energy will disperse throughout the cosmos and none of the information I gathered here will retain itself, only my footprint on this earth and repercussions for every breath I take (butterfly effect) will remain

Or... I die and.. that's it... either way, eventually my molecules will be scattered throughout space, much like they started before they turned into me... think about it like this... at LEAST one molecule in your body was originally a dinosaur's butthole that got vaporized when the meteor hit, then landed on a piece if grass that some animal ate or they inhaled it, etc etc and it passed it's way down to YOU.

Either way, I don't fear it, and don't particularly care. I just try to do the best I can with the time I have and respect the planet I live on, when a lot of others do not.



Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Spock] #5330
10/18/2018 10:55 PM
10/18/2018 10:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
The universe? The secret?

I was wonderring too and asking myself until the cosmic corn came to me and he told me the secret. He told me what is the universe.

The universe is what you make out of it.

This may be dumb for many people but it changed my life to philosophically understand and accept as a reality.

Im not into science, I do not care where it begins or end but I can tell you that having a wife and a kid that the universe is not nothing to me. It is everything, my life, my loved ones and what I care about. What I have and what I can do with it to build a world that will be better for my kid. A universe filled with good and bad that bring diversity and thrills. To me, I cannot say the universe is nothing. I do not care what science says and how they could say it is nothing because when I hold ,y wife with love looking at my baby kid remembering the day born I can say the universe is everything to me!


Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Xeno] #5337
10/19/2018 06:32 AM
10/19/2018 06:32 AM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
*****

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Good answer


Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Spock] #5341
10/19/2018 09:21 AM
10/19/2018 09:21 AM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant
Shark  Offline OP
Lieutenant
***

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
It's more about the question why there's actually something and not nothing. Every other answer will follow. There's really not much point reading everything else if you haven't grasped first why there's actually something. I included it only so that people may grasp it sooner. I just forgot to mention that, this is not for beginners. It should even be a challenge for real physicists out there. Because they couldn't solve it.

I nearly converted it into words. However I realized when I understood that there's no god. Therefore there can't be perfectness either. Means no perfect explanation possible.

And about infinity vs limitlessness. Limitlessness doesn't grow or shrink compared to infinity. Infinity is more a process of something that takes forever. Like the process of "counting to infinity". Means to count forever. So if you stop counting someday you will end up with some big number. Limitlessness is unimagineable. You can only understand it by saying "no end". Theoretically speaking if you'd go a straight line in space and even accelerate forever, you would still not see the end ever.

Anyway, my main goal with this is to make people grasp why nothingness can't be rather than everything existing. UFO

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Shark] #5342
10/19/2018 09:30 AM
10/19/2018 09:30 AM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
*****

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
If you go in a straight line in space and do not ever see the end that is like counting time infiniti by a different process by that logic.

However the word infinity to me, has never been associated with a growth. It simply is.. my personal understanding of infinity is your understanding of limitless. To me they are the same thing. However, this is because everyone understands things differently. I interrupted what you said differently than you intended, and various languages interpret different translations of the same word, etc. But to me personally infinity just -is- . And a growth of infinity is a human rationalization of something that is unfathomable. It's an attempt to label something that can not be labeled. Like...nothing...

I'm not saying you are wrong! In fact I'm saying, I never thought of it that way, and that is a new way of seeing it that I never considered.

I have more to say but i can't at the moment. I'll add later.


Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Spock] #5344
10/19/2018 09:43 AM
10/19/2018 09:43 AM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant
Shark  Offline OP
Lieutenant
***

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by UFO-Hunter
If you go in a straight line in space and do not ever see the end that is like counting time infiniti by a different process by that logic.

However the word infinity to me, has never been associated with a growth. It simply is.. my personal understanding of infinity is your understanding of limitless. To me they are the same thing. However, this is because everyone understands things differently. I interrupted what you said differently than you intended, and various languages interpret different translations of the same word, etc. But to me personally infinity just -is- . And a growth of infinity is a human rationalization of something that is unfathomable. It's an attempt to label something that can not be labeled. Like...nothing...

I'm not saying you are wrong! In fact I'm saying, I never thought of it that way, and that is a new way of seeing it that I never considered.

I have more to say but i can't at the moment. I'll add later.


Actually "infinity" isn't a complete definition. I just know it from math. It either represents a growing number or that there can be some numbers still standing after 0,13678857886 etc.

I personally don't like infinity as an expression because the word doesn't express much about itself. It is rather confusing to me. Limitlessness in the other hand is simple clear.

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Shark] #5351
10/19/2018 10:55 AM
10/19/2018 10:55 AM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
*****

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
I'll agree with that.


Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Spock] #5389
10/19/2018 04:45 PM
10/19/2018 04:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
*****

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Infinity

noun
1.
the state or quality of being infinite.
"the infinity of space"
synonyms: endlessness, infinitude, infiniteness, boundlessness, limitlessness; More
2.
MATHEMATICS
a number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).


infinity noun
in·fin·i·ty | \in-ˈfi-nə-tē \
plural infinities
Definition of infinity
1a : the quality of being infinite
b : unlimited extent of time, space, or quantity : BOUNDLESSNESS
2 : an indefinitely great number or amount
an infinity of stars
3a : the limit of the value of a function or variable when it tends to become numerically larger than any preassigned finite number
b : a part of a geometric magnitude that lies beyond any part whose distance from a given reference position is finite
do parallel lines ever meet if they extend to infinity
c : a transfinite number (such as aleph-null)
4 : a distance so great that the rays of light from a point source at that distance may be regarded as parallel


-------


So, basically, in math, infinity is something that counts indefinitely, but the other meaning, is a state of being. So, essentially, we were both right, and it comes down to our specific interpretation of the word and the semantics.

I like that they used the word "boundless" which is a synonym for "limitless", which you used earlier to describe infinity, as a state of being vs the number infinity.

I understood infinity as the state of being infinite, you understood it as growing, but quantified it as limitless to understand it in the same way I do.

That...... is incredibly interesting to me! Mainly because, I never considered it in terms of math.

A similar irony to this, is reading the bible. I've stated that I am not religious, but, something someone told me, and I found to be true, is, if you read the bible in english, and also read the same passages in Spanish, often times, the words are the same, but have a totally different meaning.

Like the passage where he asks Peter in John:21...

Jesus asks Peter "do you love me?" He says yes. feed my sheep. He asks again "do you love me" "yes" feed my lambs. He asks a third time "do you love me?" He gets mad and says "you know all things of course I love you"..

In Spanish... the bible says.

"¿Me amas?" Si te amo.
Me Amas? Si te amo
Me amas? Si, te quiero (or sometimes Me encanta)......


Te amo has a MUCH deeper meaning... you say that to your wife on the night of your wedding....

Por exemplo "¡Te amo con todo mi corazón!"

Te quiero is what you say to your mom, dad or a friend.

Or Me encanta is like
"me encanta la pizza".

I am in love with you, I am in love with you, I love you like a brother. Or... I love you as much someone can love pizza or movies...

But we dont have a word in english to translate this, so the entire passage in English takes a TOTALLY different meaning.

And every person interperates every word they hear, differently.

I hear words all the time that I have known my entire life, but they are used in a different context, or I learn their origins and it completely changes the meaning for me.

An example. Today, a "jerk" is someone who is kind of rude, obnoxious, mean, etc.

But to some people in other areas, a jerk is an idiot.

"He treated me like some kind of jerk!"
(Treated me like an idiot)

"Man! That guy is such a JERK!"
(He is an a-hole...)


So... to loosely quote forest gump's dear mama...
"Infinity is, what infinity does"

Last edited by UFO-Hunter; 10/19/2018 05:11 PM.

Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Spock] #5390
10/19/2018 04:59 PM
10/19/2018 04:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
SynthiaSunsong Offline

Best Girl
SynthiaSunsong  Offline

Best Girl
Lieutenant Junior
*****

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Don't take him too seriously, UFO-Hunter, he has a poor understanding of the definition of things and that is putting it lightly.

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5391
10/19/2018 05:02 PM
10/19/2018 05:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Originally Posted by SynthiaSunsong
Don't take him too seriously, UFO-Hunter, he has a poor understanding of the definition of things and that is putting it lightly.


Who does?


Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Xeno] #5392
10/19/2018 05:04 PM
10/19/2018 05:04 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
SynthiaSunsong Offline

Best Girl
SynthiaSunsong  Offline

Best Girl
Lieutenant Junior
*****

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Xeno
Originally Posted by SynthiaSunsong
Don't take him too seriously, UFO-Hunter, he has a poor understanding of the definition of things and that is putting it lightly.


Who does?


Shark. He thinks he's disproving God and proving dreams are reality when he's not at all.

He needs to be more open minded and seek further knowledge.

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5393
10/19/2018 05:08 PM
10/19/2018 05:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
I find interesting but it is true that opening mind about other people truth would help. I have to admit that my knowledge about science is poor... I am a idealist philosoph and with me it is not facts, it is beliefs.



Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Xeno] #5394
10/19/2018 05:10 PM
10/19/2018 05:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
SynthiaSunsong Offline

Best Girl
SynthiaSunsong  Offline

Best Girl
Lieutenant Junior
*****

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Xeno
I find interesting but it is true that opening mind about other people truth would help. I have to admit that my knowledge about science is poor... I am a idealist philosoph and with me it is not facts, it is beliefs.



I don't have a problem with you at all, Xeno. Not knowing a lot about science is fine, its about keeping an open mind and things.

"a theory that is testable like a formula in math. So it is only about facts here"

Quotes like that are what I have a problem with. Its ok to debate these things, but to claim that this post is that accurate is simply not true.

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5395
10/19/2018 05:11 PM
10/19/2018 05:11 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
I agree with you


Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Xeno] #5396
10/19/2018 05:19 PM
10/19/2018 05:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Personally I think the universe will alway have covered secrets...


Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Xeno] #5397
10/19/2018 05:24 PM
10/19/2018 05:24 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
SynthiaSunsong Offline

Best Girl
SynthiaSunsong  Offline

Best Girl
Lieutenant Junior
*****

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Xeno
Personally I think the universe will alway have covered secrets...


I completely agree. And even if you met actual God, there would always be questions like:

"Are there more Gods, each with their own creation?"

"Did something create God?"

It is important to always keep thinking and always keep seeking.

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5398
10/19/2018 05:30 PM
10/19/2018 05:30 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
There is no end for real discovery



Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5399
10/19/2018 07:06 PM
10/19/2018 07:06 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
*****

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Originally Posted by SynthiaSunsong
Originally Posted by Xeno
Originally Posted by SynthiaSunsong
Don't take him too seriously, UFO-Hunter, he has a poor understanding of the definition of things and that is putting it lightly.


Who does?


Shark. He thinks he's disproving God and proving dreams are reality when he's not at all.

He needs to be more open minded and seek further knowledge.


I agree with this in general. I won't say that shark is entirely wrong, but I also don't believe that anything was proven, and a lot of the conversation was circular... but..... I get his point and I enjoyed reading it. I actually learned something.

Personally, I do leave fairly strongly worded posts on this website, and I definitely inject my opinions into what I write,

But at the same time, I try my best to say things that I know are accurate, as often as possible, or my interpretation of those things and explain them as best as I can without having a PHD.

If someone has a legitimate argument against what I said and posted their argument, I would (and do) always consider the argument. if I feel they are right and their factual, knowledge based argument is stronger than mine, or makes more sense, then I will research it, be the first to admit I was wrong and adopt the new theory.

But what I see a lot of on this site, are people who think that personal belief, if you believe it strongly enough without evidence, makes it factual.

I... again...... am not religious, so the concept of faith based belief makes no sense to me.

(This is not meant to be a punch in the face of religion but is an example)

In the religious world, you must believe with little to no tangible evidence. What evidence is provided is usually conjecture and whatever cannot be proven is always met with the answer "well.... you just have to have faith." I firmly believe in facts. ACTUAL facts. And while I dont often site articles, patents, journals etc, I try my best to represent my understanding of what I have learned. But overall, there is no such thing as faith in science or math.

Math is constant and science must be proven to be considered fact. However, science has tons of -theories- which remain a theory only because we as humans currently lack the technology to prove them as fact. Some theories take decades, or hundreds of years to prove. (The big bang / global warming)

Some theories are basically proven as fact, however without the technology or, the TIME to prove them, will always remain a theory but are widely accepted as fact by proxy. (The universe is infinite)

Even Einstein's theorist of light speed, time dilation and relativity took a crap once they got down to the atomic level, but we cant prove his theories about traveling at our past the speed of light because we lack the technology.... (ok the argument could be made that we may possibly have alien tech... but... Stephen hawking wasn't able to fly it.... )

Other theories are strictly conjecture and have little hope of being proven right, or are in fact eventually proved wrong (the world is flat /mercury cures illnesses/smoking is beneficial to your health)

However... there are no legitimate scientists who say "my theory is right, simply because I want it to be and you must have faith"... that does not work in science... only in religion. There are specific standards and guidelines that scientists must abide by, much like how doctors have the hippocratic oath.

Religion is not bad... science is not bad... but they are not the same and cannot really be viewed from the same angle with the same perception. You cant prove a scientific theory based on faith and personal belief. You have to be able to prove it and be able to repeat the outcome.



Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: Spock] #5400
10/19/2018 07:46 PM
10/19/2018 07:46 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
SynthiaSunsong Offline

Best Girl
SynthiaSunsong  Offline

Best Girl
Lieutenant Junior
*****

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
I don't think he's entirely wrong either and its good food for thought, but presenting it as absolute fact irritates me. You also strike me as quite a smart guy and I wanted you to call him on it more. You knew his definition was wrong.

For me, faith based belief includes the concept that you can't know all things. Both scientific and religious views can become dogmas if people don't keep an open mind. I feel like a lot of modern science is forgetting this as much as religious people do.

I did feel a bit rude for saying what I said, but I see this kind of thing happening so much in these kind of communities. We're never going to reach the truth if everyone just pushes their theories as facts. We need to be discussing our ideas and experiences as we collectively move toward understanding what might be going on.

Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5401
10/19/2018 07:59 PM
10/19/2018 07:59 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
Xeno Offline

Just a guy
Xeno  Offline

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
*****

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,357
Alberta
I totally agree grou with you synthia. Sharring as possible or possibly something else is a first step.

I wrotte a lot here and if I figure out I was wrong and it hurts my belief system after I am done with the pain of turning the page I will try to find out what it is that should be the truth for me. Considerring that a belief, an opinion or a ''knowledge'' may be always to be developed or changed to something else is important.

Aliens they learnt to be wrong and that is why they know that always even them may one day figure out or find out something they thought was true is not. There is no ultimate truth... Just a bunch o [beep] that you have to keep an eyes on in case that someday some discovery teach that it was something else the truth.


Peace


Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5404
10/19/2018 08:52 PM
10/19/2018 08:52 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
*****

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 278
TX
"For me, faith based belief includes the concept that you can't know all things. Both scientific and religious views can become dogmas if people don't keep an open mind. I feel like a lot of modern science is forgetting this as much as religious people do."

Synthia..

First of all thank you for the compliment.

Second of all, I couldn't agree with you more. In fact this is a perfect example of what I was trying to convey. I said something, and you came at it with a different angle, and I agree completely.

To me, what you said feels like -
(How do I put this into words?)

Faith based science or religion, or.... state of being, is basically (this is a watered down and generalized statement) having the ability to acknowledge that you don't know everything there is to know, while maintaining a healthy optimism as well as curiosity about undiscovered knowledge, while working together with others to either spread the existing knowledge in Hope's that they can in turn contribute to it, or at minimum make it common knowledge without skewed perception.

Basically. Having faith that there is more to know.

I have said on several posts that while the world's inhabitants are at odds with each other, we cannot advance as a race. By this, I mean, everyone should work towards common goals for humanity, not for their creed, religion, skin color, etc.

Some of us look at the worlds problems as overwhelming, and some look at them as impossible. (Others see them as nonexistent) Most people think "why shouldn't I water my lawn in a drought? That guy is doing it. I'm not going to save the world all by myself" whereas, if that person, and 1000 other people don't water their lawn for that one day, they save 100,000 gallons of water.

If everyone turned off the faucet while they brushed their teeth instead of letting it run, we would save millions of gallons per year.

I use water as an example for one reason. What I live, a few years ago, there were meetings. Scientists told us (our city) "we are going to completely run out of water by 2020 if it keeps going how it is. We will have to have water trucked in from other states and our lake will be empty"... there was legitimate fear! So much so, that people actually moved away from one of the fastest growing cities in america.

The lake which we get our water from was 50 feet low.

Then... there was a huge hurricane. It completely flooded the entire state (Texas). So much rain fell, that it completely flooded the entire river system (all of them actually) and destroyed tons of land, houses, and wiped entire towns off of the map in some areas.

Once the hurricane was done causing a billion dollars of damage or more,
"YAY! SURPLUS OF WATER!" people immediately started wasting it as if it would never end. In August, a few of us went sailing on that lake. It was 40 feet low... boat docs and ramps were sitting on dry land... Almost as bad as it was before the hurricane. As it was going down, city officials kept warning us to stop wasting water or we would be in the same boat. (No pun intended).

Now, currently, due to the storms and rain, we are 40 feet ABOVE the high water line.it has gone up 70 feet and it is still raining. In fact it is supposed to rain all of next week and the week after.

History tells me, that the same thing will happen. We will waste the water and within 2 years, be dry again. But the rain may not come back to save our [beep] for a 3rd time, given that this is a record high and we have never seen the lake this high in its entire existence, and that the previous hurricane, and the floods that came from it, were unlike anything we had seen for over 100 Years before that.

My point is.... most people only think about what is in front of them at that very moment and have very short memories.
They want to put the entire burden of saving the planet on their own shoulders, believing that they cannot make a difference, whereas, if enough people do it, whatever it is, if DOES make a difference.

If 80% of the world does... one thing... in common. The other 20% will follow suit, at least to some extent. No matter what it is.

Good night all!



Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Secrets of the universe uncovered [Re: SynthiaSunsong] #5405
10/19/2018 08:55 PM
10/19/2018 08:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant
Shark  Offline OP
Lieutenant
***

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by SynthiaSunsong
Don't take him too seriously, UFO-Hunter, he has a poor understanding of the definition of things and that is putting it lightly.


Like I said it's more about to make you understand why there can't be nothing. Every other answer will follow after you grasp that part. There's not much point reading everything else if you haven't grasped yet why there can't be nothing. Everything else you will understand later. I just included it so you may solve these problems sooner.

I kind of forgot pointing this out that's all. And I mentioned so little about why there can't be a god or gods because it's not meant for religious people. I just strongly doubt that most religious will understand any of this.
We scientist however need only one strong collision to disprove something. If everything existing can be there without a beginning, there's no need for a god/creator, because everything existing can exist without a beginning or creation. What part do you not understand here?

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Moderated by  Janwat 

Member Chat
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Latest Photos
Milton William "Bill" Cooper
Former CIA Pilot, John Lear
School Picture of Georgek
Stop Chemtrails!!
the message
The Haunted Hinsdale House



Thanks for visiting the Aliendisc Forums
(v 2.2.4.5, Build 7.7.1) · Patch Notes


Your #1 UFO Forum, Paranormal Forum, and
Conspiracy Theory Forum Destination.

Security and Privacy Info

CAREERS | ABOUT | SUPPORT | PRESS

© 2019 ALIENDISC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All trademarks referenced herein are the properties of their respective owners.