Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories
Entertainment Entertainment
Other Topics Other Topics
Galleries Photo Gallery
Achives Archives Other Topics
Leaderboard Leaderboard Leaderboard
Help and Support Help & Support
Online Now
2 active members (Matt, Xeno), 45 anonymous users, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Head Mod, Mod
Statistics
Forum Directory49
Threads1,748
Posts14,254
Members404
Most Online498
Mar 30th, 2019
Newest Members
Elucalaquendi, Seoservicesone, AlienCatcher, Starchild, debra odem
404 Registered Users
Member Spotlight
Diego
Diego
Sioux City, IA, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Xeno 181
Music 17
Sophia 13
Matt 10
Top Posters(All Time)
Xeno 4,283
EdMan 1,353
Music 977
George 345
IronGhost 309
Stormy 295
Spock 278
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
How will you survive the climate apocalypse? #9753
06/07/2019 08:00 PM
06/07/2019 08:00 PM

B
blip OP
Unregistered
blip OP
Unregistered
B

heat waves, mass immigration (borders controlled violently), thin and polluted air, plastic metal filled waters, dead insects plants animals fish, unfertile land, mass starvation, severe drought and water shortage, ancient bacteria released from melted ice we're not adapted to, massive hurricanes, plentiful wildfires, ozone layer destroyed, collapse of civilization/civil unrest, cannibalism, sea level rise

starting with only the things you currently have in the place you currently live, in the best case scenario where would you go from there to survive?
answer doesn't have to be serious it can be anything

Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9759
06/08/2019 06:52 AM
06/08/2019 06:52 AM
E
EdMan Offline
Rear Admiral
EdMan  Offline
Rear Admiral
E

Posted in another thread several weeks ago.

This last year the Polar Vortex collapsed due to global climate change. This collapse has had dramatic effects. Where I reside our spring planting season is thirty days late. Our large lakes are still ice bound and we are have above level rain. Across the United States we have had above average snow fall and now are experiencing flooding from rain mixed with snow melt.

Our local community of genus class minds have built climate change resistant farms and homes base upon advanced cutting edge technology. We have homes heated and cooled by solar powered geothermal systems, advanced green block passive solar heat pumps and such. We leverage federal grants to acquire growing season extension high tunnel advanced climate change resistant green houses to raise advanced genetically engineered crops to feed us and the local population. We are a community of geniuses with advanced degrees that had access to the most classified information on the planet to include United Stated Geo-Spacial Data on Climate Change for the last 30 years. We saw the spread of deserts and changes to vegetation from our classified satellite systems. When we retired we came to a low cost area best suited to endure climate change with the least adverse effects. We built and bought homes to meet our needs during this period of global climate change.

This year due to the effects of the collapse of the Polar Vortex, tomato prices are going to spike due to climate induced shortages of tomatoes. We have increased production of tomatoes this year to deal with this shortage and will make a tidy profit from the sale of organic tomatoes to the local population that will go to improving our infrastructure. Our farms are linked to our local ecological village that serves as a cutting edge research and development site. Upon retiring up here we established businesses to support ourselves during global climate change. We own and manage the largest single employer of local people, it is a drug and smoke free work place that does not discriminate based on gender, aid or sexual orientation. We built the local solar power corporation that sells and installs solar power systems for homes or off the grid camps. We also created with, with federal grants, a farmers cooperative that collects and sells our produce and generates over a $120,000.00 USD a year in sales. We have integrated ourselves into positions of influence in local community social services and churches. We work with and through local churches to share data on global climate change though world wide missionary networks.

Our local ecological village is expanding its crops to include Seabuckhorn berry bushes that do well in our climate. The berries that are produced by these bushes can be used to produce a number of products and have medicinal properties that have been used by people for thousands of years.

We have linked our farms and ecological village with a gigabyte WiFi telecommunications system for connectivity and work with a global network of Universities with regards to social and agricultural issues that are and will be affected by global climate change such as the looming shortage of tomatoes.

My farm will be fully up and running in 18 months per a 36 month farm development plan. I have adjusted my production of tomatoes and will generate over 800 pounds of them this season that will make me close to $3,000.00 USD in profit. My high technology high tunnel greenhouse, paid for by a United States Department of Agriculture Grant, will be built this fall and put into service next spring. This greenhouse will produce between 6-8000 pounds of produce and will earn me close to $30,000.00 USD a year in profit.

Many people on sites such as this spout off and rail about this or that. Hate religion and mock religious people. The vast majority of the earth's population are religious to various degrees. Atheists and religion haters are a small vocal minority.

Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9770
06/09/2019 05:12 AM
06/09/2019 05:12 AM
F
frankalexanderbe Offline

Captain
frankalexanderbe  Offline

Captain
F

I don`t see any changes in weather really

Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9771
06/09/2019 05:58 AM
06/09/2019 05:58 AM
E
EdMan Offline
Rear Admiral
EdMan  Offline
Rear Admiral
E

Due to extended cold and marginal temperatures our community is moving forward to experimenting with crops and growing techniques to extend the growing season and allow for the planting of crops in marginal conditions. Our growing season is 60 days late this year due to the collapse of the Polar Vortex. Within the last week we have had snow in Quebec Provence. I have, based upon the success of my high bio science modified hugelkultur raise beds, have started construction of a 20 x 20 foot traditional hugelkultur raise bed. This bed is being constructed of low cost local materials. I will have the bottom layer of the raised bed completed by the end of the day today. Over the course of the next couple of months I will be completing it. Our experimental farm is being built in accordance with a 36 month development plan. We are well ahead of schedule and well below budget. Since we had slack time in our schedule we decided to built the traditional hugelkultur raise bed 12 month ahead of schedule. This 400 square foot raised bed will be used for ultra low energy high bio science research farming research. Photos of the raised bed construction are attached. The lower layer consists of rotting tree trunks, limbs and wood covered by cut grass from our production fields. The next layer will by hay followed by a top layer of screened rock free soil mixed with compost. The natural decomposition process in the bed will keep it warmer than the surrounding soil and allow for early planting of crops and planting of crops in marginal weather conditions. Given the massive destabilization of the weather this year from the collapse of the Polar Vortex vegetable prices are spiking as production fields throughout the United States are affected by flooding.

Attached Files 20190608_112022_resized.jpg20190608_133024_resized.jpg20190608_133041_resized.jpg20190608_145409_resized.jpg
Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9772
06/09/2019 06:12 AM
06/09/2019 06:12 AM
E
EdMan Offline
Rear Admiral
EdMan  Offline
Rear Admiral
E

Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9773
06/09/2019 06:14 AM
06/09/2019 06:14 AM
E
EdMan Offline
Rear Admiral
EdMan  Offline
Rear Admiral
E

Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9774
06/09/2019 07:24 AM
06/09/2019 07:24 AM
E
EdMan Offline
Rear Admiral
EdMan  Offline
Rear Admiral
E

In terms of the community we have built and are building to survive Global Climate Change, we used the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs pyramid as the foundation for the design of our community. It starts with basic survival needs and moves up the scale to more complex emotional and developmental needs.

Our community is linked by multi spectrum communications and meets the needs of its members through linked virtual and real world activities.

Started small and now have built a linked community with the capability of surviving global climate change with a high quality of life.

Our community produces it own food, owns it own means of generating energy from solar power, controls economic and social entities that support the local communities and has its own education system.

It has established a symbiotic relationship with the local communities it exists withing and is aiding them in sustaining a good quality of life in accordance with Maslow's needs pyramid.

To sustain itself the community requires labor to perform essential tasks and has organized it self in a holistic fashion were self actualized people perform the tasks in the community that best suit them. In my case it is running a small organic high bio science research farm linked to series of global entities and major universities.

Attached Files Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.jpg
Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9775
06/09/2019 07:58 AM
06/09/2019 07:58 AM
Music Offline
Captain
Music  Offline
Captain

I'd much rather adapt to it if it's all the same to you blip. smile

Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9776
06/09/2019 08:47 AM
06/09/2019 08:47 AM
F
frankalexanderbe Offline

Captain
frankalexanderbe  Offline

Captain
F

Sprutdreit

Reply Quote
Re: How will you survive the climate apocalypse? [Re: Anonymous] #9777
06/09/2019 09:49 AM
06/09/2019 09:49 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Submarine! The weather on the land means nothing under water!

Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderated by  Janwat 

Member Chat
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19