Aliens and UFOs Aliens and UFOs
The Paranormal The Paranormal
Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories Other Topics
Entertainment Entertainment
Other Topics Other Topics
Galleries Photo Gallery
Help and Support Help & Support
Online Now
3 registered users (Xeno, extrazlove, 1 invisible), 36 guests, and 102 spiders.
Key: Staff, VIP, Member
Statistics
Forum Directory41
Topics776
Posts6,364
Members226
Most Online314
Nov 14th, 2018
Newest Members
Joe1821, ContactJ, vonskie, The_UFO_displaye, Kanye
226 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Xeno 1,798
EdMan 1,234
frankie85 335
Spock 270
Stormy 182
Diego 175
MIB1 127
IronGhost 124
Matt 104
Support our Efforts
About Aliendisc
Month of October
Donors: 0 Raised: $0.00
Top 10 and Donor History
Like Us On Facebook
Advertisement
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hypercognition #6182
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:46 AM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:46 AM
A
Ashmaydaylia Offline OP
Ensign
Ashmaydaylia  Offline OP
Ensign
A
I'm curious to know how many people have experienced hypercognition.

Hypercognition is a term that was coined by an individual named 'Levy' which is equivalent to precognicense. In essence, it defines that moment when knowledge just comes to you, that really strong hunch that you have about something, in which you simply 'know' without knowing how you know.

I'm also interested in hearing any examples you may have.

Last edited by Ashmaydaylia; Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:55 AM.
Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Ashmaydaylia] #6187
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 AM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 AM
EU
N
Nairb88 Offline
Lieutenant Junior
Nairb88  Offline
Lieutenant Junior
N
EU
The example I'm about to give took place when I was in my teens. My parents left 2 scratch cards on the table and I was very much drawn and tempted to try my luck. It was a card with about 40 slots, spread on the lenght and width of the card, each containing a random number to scratch. Underneath the winning numbers (I believe it was about 6 or 7) was a logo or colour to indicate if you scratched the correct one. You needed to find all in order to win.

So I started to focus and specifically chose some numbers to scratch. 1 by 1 I was scratching the winning numbers. So I chose the last one to scratch, but I started doubting and picked another one. Unfortunately it was not the good one. The first pick on the last one was correct...
I started scratching the second one, a different game, but messed it up completely. I explained it to my parents what happened and we tried some pre-cog training with Zener cards. No interesting results since...

Once I had a dream about a subway explosion. The next day, or 2 days at most, there was a subway terr. attack, it was either the one in Spain OR the one in London, but I find these things far fetched, because I also have dreams of which the actual event did not took place eventually.

Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Nairb88] #6197
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 AM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 AM
A
Ashmaydaylia Offline OP
Ensign
Ashmaydaylia  Offline OP
Ensign
A
Thank you for sharing.

I've had similar dreams.

Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Ashmaydaylia] #6200
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 AM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 AM
EU
N
Nairb88 Offline
Lieutenant Junior
Nairb88  Offline
Lieutenant Junior
N
EU
Since you've started the thread, you must have your own point of view on the topic? Would you mind sharing?

Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Nairb88] #6236
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:34 PM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:34 PM
A
Ashmaydaylia Offline OP
Ensign
Ashmaydaylia  Offline OP
Ensign
A
As said, I have had similar dreams.

A tornado hit my hometown a few years back. The entire month prior to the incident, I had nightmares about a tornado hitting our town nearly every night.

I also have a lot of other experiences, where I just 'know' something is about to happen, without having any sort of reason for knowing that it should.

I've turned to the cognitive sciences and Metaphysics for a viable explanation.

In essence, I get that we are truly all part of the same 'one' organism and being as such, we can tap into the collective unconsciousness and the biosphere of the planet.

There's really nothing psychic about any of it, it's our true nature.

Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Ashmaydaylia] #6237
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:39 PM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:39 PM
SynthiaSunsong Offline

Best Girl
SynthiaSunsong  Offline

Best Girl
Lieutenant Junior
Most people will experience it in their lives, often quite a few times.

Sometimes its due to our innate sense of honor and morals, other times it is more supernatural phenomena like you're talking about.

Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Ashmaydaylia] #6238
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 PM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 PM
Alberta
Xeno Online content

Just a guy
Xeno  Online Content

Just a guy
Vice Admiral
Alberta
It happened to me a lot especially to make me out of trouble!

Plus qu'hier et moins que demain / More than yesterday and less than tomorrow
Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Xeno] #6239
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:51 PM
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:51 PM
TX
Spock Offline

Lieutenant Commander
Spock  Offline

Lieutenant Commander
TX
It used to happen to me all the time. Not as much today.

The "psychic cards" (someone had a name for them) never yielded much result for me, but the ones with colors yielded some results. Mainly red and black. Because of this, I could get a deck of red bicycle playing cards, pull out the ace of spades, and several red cards, and could feel the difference between the black spade and the red backed cards with red numbers and symbols.

And just like was described about the lotto ticket, I found the same to be true.

My first impulse was usually right.

The way I used to describe it was that my brain would say
"ITS THAT ONE NO THAT ONE THIS ONE THAT ONE MAYBE THIS ONE PICK THAT ONE!"

But there was also a really quiet one that said "this one".

If I listened to the quiet one.... it was always right.

It wasn't literally a voice... just a feeling... but that is the best way to describe it.

It is kind of like dropping a fork off of your table while eating, and catching it before it hits the ground, only to realize that you didn't THINK about the action, you didnt PLAN the event, or the action, but the fork fell, you caught it automatically, before you realized it was happening. That does not make you psychic... but that gut response and instinctual reflex, is as close as I can come to explaining it.

In gym class one time, I thought "YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A BALL!" And as soon as the thought crossed my mind I got hit with a basketball that some kid threw from across the gym.

Or driving down the road and knowing something is going to happen before it does. I know it will happen, THEN instinct takes over.

I have also had "bad feelings" where I knew something bad would happen, I ignored it, and they happened.

I have also had "bad feelings" and did not ignore them, then whoever I was with just said that I was paranoid and got [beep] off that I took the long way home or added an extra mile to our walk back to the car etc.

I think those things are decent examples of the original question.

Last edited by Spock; Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:54 PM.

Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: Hypercognition [Re: Spock] #6250
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:07 AM
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:07 AM
A
Ashmaydaylia Offline OP
Ensign
Ashmaydaylia  Offline OP
Ensign
A
Thank you for sharing, Spock, and I agree, they are excellent examples.

You mentioned some key points that I can relate to.

1) About the small voice, and your first guess being the right one before the self doubt sets in. I too, have found that's the case with me. When I listen to my first initial response when playing with Zener Cards (the psychic cards) I find the same thing. I will often be right the first time, but self doubt takes over and I get it wrong.

2) I caught a hammer once that my father knocked off a bench before it hit his foot. The weird part was, and it sort of amazed both my father and I, was that I wasn't even looking in the direction of the hammer, nor really saw it out of my peripheral vision, as I had my head turned the other way. He must have stood there for about two minutes scratching his head how I worked out that a) he even knocked the hammer off the bench and b) how I snatched it like a Ninja out of thin air.

I had no response for him, other than I knew he was about to be injured.

I guess the main reason I ask if other members have experienced this, is because I've also found recently, that I'll get that same hypercognition experience, but it usually ends up with me finding myself in the middle of something I don't really care to be in the middle of, or experiencing. I think I've sort of sussed out that I've somehow programmed my peptides for this, and I'm trying to work out how to reprogram it.

Examples: I got the sense to go for a drive in the middle of the night, and drove all the way to the other side of the city which I never do, to find myself at the scene of a fire.

Or, i get the urge to go to a location, and find myself confronted with and dealing with a mentally unstable individual.

etc. etc.

Great that I get to play hero, in some cases, not great for the psychological stress it puts on me.

Reply Quote

Chat
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Latest Photos
they are watching us.....
Nebra Sky Disc
aurora 91
Corn circle and 3 discs found 1991/Germany
earth
UFO
Spinal MRI Of a Human Alien Hybrid Shot and Beaten by the CIA
Quantum Cannon Fired into Sun Earlier Today for a CIA Screw up

Thanks for visiting the Aliendisc Forums
(v 2.2.3.8, Build 7.6.1.1) · Patch Notes

Your #1 UFO Forum, Paranormal Forum, and
Conspiracy Theory Forum Destination.

Security and Privacy Info

CAREERS | ABOUT | SUPPORT | PRESS

© 2018 ALIENDISC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All trademarks referenced herein are the properties of their respective owners.