Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theories
Entertainment Entertainment
Other Topics Other Topics
Galleries Photo Gallery
Achives Archives Other Topics
Leaderboard Leaderboard Leaderboard
Help and Support Help & Support
Online Now
1 registered members (Xeno), 253 anonymous users, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Head Mod, Mod
Statistics
Categories49
Topics1,796
Posts14,567
Members426
Most Online498
Mar 30th, 2019
Newest Members
TrueVision, Indigolights144, worm time, howtocrazy, there here
426 Registered Users
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(All Time)
Xeno 4,373
EdMan 1,353
Music 987
George 345
IronGhost 309
Stormy 295
Spock 278
Top Posters(30 Days)
Xeno 96
Mya 28
Matt 12
Music 10
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 5
History is not about facts #5348 18/10/19 10:08 AM
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant Commander
OP Offline
Lieutenant Commander
It's about the context and who is telling the story! Smallville truly was a genius tv series!

Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #6023 18/11/03 7:07 AM
Spock Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
There is an old phrase that says "history is written by the victors". And it is true.

All of the ancient kings and rulers had scribes detailing their victories (once we developed the written language). The stories of the people who lost, rarely survive.

The library of the mayans were burned by a Christian monk who didnt like that they remained pagan, the library of Alexandria was burned by the romans, and there are countless other examples of how the history of an entire race of people were wiped out by other people. This happened in Egypt as well, where several other rulers were deleted from records, like Akhenaten (for one).

Even to the point, ww2 is taught differently in Japan, russia, germany, Poland, etc than it is taught in america.

The american revolutionary war rarely talks about the fact that we fought CANADA, because Canada was still ruled by England. Most canadians I have talked to say they won the battles. IF it is brought up at all in america, of course it is said that America won. Americans don't say "we fought canada" they say "we fought the british and the came from the north"

So... what was said in the video, is generally true. History differs from science. In science, you ask a question, and you find a solution through math, chemistry, etc, and you repeat the process under several variations until you can prove that its true.

In history, we rely on someone's writings or stories that were passed down for generations, or found on a clay tablet, or make up a story map given things we find in the dirt and sort of connect the dots. History is left to wide interpretation.

There is a doctor who episode where the doctor and rose are in the future, at the end of the earth, right before the sun expands. this one character brings out an old 1950's juke box. She says "historical records say that this was called an.... i.. pod....."
That's pretty much it...

Last edited by UFO-Hunter; 18/11/03 7:13 AM.

Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Spock] #6031 18/11/03 11:26 AM
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant Commander
OP Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Originally Posted by UFO-Hunter
There is an old phrase that says "history is written by the victors". And it is true.

All of the ancient kings and rulers had scribes detailing their victories (once we developed the written language). The stories of the people who lost, rarely survive.

The library of the mayans were burned by a Christian monk who didnt like that they remained pagan, the library of Alexandria was burned by the romans, and there are countless other examples of how the history of an entire race of people were wiped out by other people. This happened in Egypt as well, where several other rulers were deleted from records, like Akhenaten (for one).

Even to the point, ww2 is taught differently in Japan, russia, germany, Poland, etc than it is taught in america.

The american revolutionary war rarely talks about the fact that we fought CANADA, because Canada was still ruled by England. Most canadians I have talked to say they won the battles. IF it is brought up at all in america, of course it is said that America won. Americans don't say "we fought canada" they say "we fought the british and the came from the north"

So... what was said in the video, is generally true. History differs from science. In science, you ask a question, and you find a solution through math, chemistry, etc, and you repeat the process under several variations until you can prove that its true.

In history, we rely on someone's writings or stories that were passed down for generations, or found on a clay tablet, or make up a story map given things we find in the dirt and sort of connect the dots. History is left to wide interpretation.

There is a doctor who episode where the doctor and rose are in the future, at the end of the earth, right before the sun expands. this one character brings out an old 1950's juke box. She says "historical records say that this was called an.... i.. pod....."
That's pretty much it...

Yeah, what do we actually know!? popcorn

Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #6034 18/11/03 12:04 PM
Spock Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Originally Posted by Shark

That's pretty much it...

Yeah, what do we actually know!? popcorn

Lol yeah.

And the scary thing is, today, every bit of knowledge we have, is stored digitally, and won't last as long as the stone tablets we find. If humans disappeared right now, little of today's knowledge would be visible a few thousand years from now, except for what we made out of granite.

Insufficient facts always invite danger. In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see. Where there is no emotion, there is no motive for violence and without followers, evil cannot spread.
Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Spock] #6037 18/11/03 12:25 PM
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant Commander
OP Offline
Lieutenant Commander

And the scary thing is, today, every bit of knowledge we have, is stored digitally, and won't last as long as the stone tablets we find. If humans disappeared right now, little of today's knowledge would be visible a few thousand years from now, except for what we made out of granite.

After 10000 years you won't find anything anymore. I think even pieces of titanium will decay after 10000 years.

Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #6044 18/11/03 12:42 PM
Spock Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Originally Posted by Shark

After 10000 years you won't find anything anymore. I think even pieces of titanium will decay after 10000 years.

There was a documentary a few years ago on the history channel. I think it was called "life after humans" have you seen it?

It talked about what would happen if humans disappeared, and how things would degrade over time. It was very interesting, however the end was kind of weird, but possible.

Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Spock] #6180 18/11/05 11:53 PM
Shark Offline OP
Lieutenant Commander
OP Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Did someone change his username here? Anyway I think I did watch that. However must have several years ago. All these videos and shows showed me is that their imagination what could happen is just as good as mine and everyone else's.

The future is also not about facts!

Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #6186 18/11/06 5:42 AM
Spock Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Yeah I did. Lol.

And I agree. There are no facts about the future. It is not pre-destinied.

That is why stock markets work so well Haha

Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Spock] #7460 19/02/14 2:12 PM
George Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Originally Posted by Spock

That's pretty much it...

What does science know about facts?

I am a qualified scientist and there is not much if it that differs from history despite what 'Google God' says. I don't need YouTube to try and convince me with all it's eerie incident dramatic music because it fails to make it's points. I get on without it, except to use it as dump to upload my video clips for you guys to watch and listen . I am sure that 'my rubbish' is not going to desecrate other than what already had been done!

As for history you are correct.

Living in the UK, folks had banned all the American Red and Blue coats because we lost the war. Everything scrubbed from 'The Patriot' by Mel Gibson to Lonnie Donnigan's
song in the 1950s about the thrashing of the Red Coats.

We never knew anything about 'Thank's Giving' I just thought that it was some bread that fell out of the Quakers wagon in Texas?

(thick b*s*ar*)

Being Greek Cypriot..... we knew Sir Frances Drake as the pirate. In the UK he is a hero.

They hate the French (and the Spanish) even now as well as the French joining up with George Washing and also giving us a good war with Napoleon.

As for the Druids (bless them) the Christians had obliterated them from history (and YouTube) and call Pagans Heathens meaning the same.

The Puritans sorted a few out ......

Yule Tide (are you learning?) is literally Christmas and depicts the birth of the 12th segment of 2000 years of the Grand Cycle of Recession.

When I was young and most here were not even born...(yer......okay....) We were told that it was a great sacrilege for a woman to bear a child without being married and that it was sinful to be a one parent family . Not my fault......I am just saying (I believe in free love) .

Well in my village where I live we don;t have much to read and the monthly church periodical came through my door (I was too late to throw my brick at the back of his head)

Any way...Yours Truly was was reading the bit about attending church. The local Hooray Henrys or Yuppies were spending too much time sobering up and not attending church or the wine parties in the graveyard.

So I was reading the article:-

"and Jesus was a ba*tard not having a true father except God, but he was accepted......Mary who had been seduced not by Joseph was also accepted as so can YOU....so please come along to our services (and donate) "

Momo told me that there would be days like these !!!

I think the spire had been struck down with lightning after that and the sheep started smoking again ( more like grilled?)

Oh well......

Last edited by George; 19/02/14 2:36 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #14545 19/10/18 10:55 PM
craftydelight Offline
Lieutenant Junior
Lieutenant Junior
Censorship is a curse. I am reading a book by Ilan Pappe, 'Then Myths About Israel', a good read indeed. I came across some information about WW1 which was news(!!!)to me, that the US were going to enter the war on the side of the Germans! It was the leading players of the Zionist movement who engineered a different path for the US - to come in with the British. I was not taught that in school. I wasn't taught about the horrors meted out by the Allied Forces, such as raping any woman(or child)in villages we were supposed to be liberating. My father was in WW2. He never told me much of his wartime experiences, only stories which were wholesome. Sometimes 'alternative' historians/researchers are necessary to find out more truths.

Live from the Heart.
Look within and remember who you truly are.
No need for religious books or places of worship.
All you need is to be found within.
Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #14547 19/10/19 2:30 AM
frankalexanderbe Online Content
Captain
Online Content
Captain
Yeah, I once sat in a classroom and they were talking about hitler again as usual, so I told the story about how his mother had breast cancer and the doctor was jewish and did an experimental treatment of her which failed, so perhaps the hate comes from there, but she was like "eh, he was crazy" tongue

Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #14552 19/10/19 10:30 AM
craftydelight Offline
Lieutenant Junior
Lieutenant Junior
Hitler had Jews in his military! There was a 6 hour YT video about Hitler but that will have been removed as YT is censoring a lot of material which challenges the mainstream view.

Live from the Heart.
Reply Quote
Re: History is not about facts [Re: Shark] #14596 19/10/20 3:46 PM
craftydelight Offline
Lieutenant Junior
Lieutenant Junior
Some info regarding Hitler!
The Greatest Story Never Told

Live from the Heart.
Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderated by  Aki', Xeno 

Chat
Please post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam. Thank you!
November
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Latest Photos
The Gray I saw (drawings)
Holy City Jerusalem on Earth
Sun Disk and Moon Disk Modern!
2 of my most important Artefacts