Since energy comes from nothing, logically it has the ability to perform action without some energy to start with, so what is energy really and why can light travel at maximum speeds through empty space? Well, energy isn`t just the ability to see things move and light up, it really is something and it has the ability to do things without fuel to begin with, it`s a little complex to think about in the beginning, but the thing is like I just said that energy comes from nothing and can still do things, perform actions, so it has to be self-contained and with the ability to do things on itself and it can travel with the speed of light just because it`s the fastest way it can move and perform an action in empty space, which again proves that things can actually travel and move faster than the speed of light, it`s just that we are used to seeing energy move at this speed because energy itself can`t perform a faster action yet, so there might be things in the universe which moves faster actually which we kinda are also beginning see signs of also, energy itself could also move faster but there`s nothing pushing it faster so far we`ve been observing, but all living things can evolve … yes, I have slight theory that energy is a life-form of some sort since it was the beginning of the universe and we can both see and feel it and everything we see and know comes from energy also, which kinda makes it strange to just say it`s something dead, precisly my point, we see and feel energy around us, but something had to get it there, otherwise it travels on its own … if it really travels on its own, it`s a life-form probably, but I see others point in that also; why haven`t it evolved to travel faster than the current speed of light? Well, perhaps it`s a limit after all, but it doesn`t make sense really, why would empty space have speed limits? My simple theory is that if something challenged this speed-limit it would evolve to be faster again, which would certainly prove it`s a lifeform, but until then ...